Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Worship - Modesty, Part 3


Sorry I am late posting this. My intention was to watch a movie with my hubby last night and then get to work blogging, but things didn't turn out as I had planned when I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until after 1am. Anyway, this week I want to continue my series on modesty. I think I said last week that I was only going to do one more post (making a total of 3), but I do believe there will be yet another one after this week. So please bear with me. There is such a wealth of information on this topic and I don't want to miss anything crucial.

This week, I want to share something written by Trent Griffith. I don't know that I have much to say in addition to this message. When I read it, I though it seemed powerful enough on its own:

If I remember right, the year was 1985. As a pimple-faced high-school senior, I attended a Christian youth convention along with 7,000 other bundles of exploding hormones (otherwise known as teenagers). The keynote speaker was a young and impressive black preacher who held us on the edge of our seats with his high energy, constant motion, and vivid word pictures. His assignment that day was to call us to a life of moral purity. His passion for the subject was evidenced by the fact that with each point, his voice would raise an octave. At the climax of his message, he turned his attention toward the girls among us. Unhindered by what seemed like gravel on his vocal chords and sweat beads on his forehead, his voice crescendoed with a plea I will never forget: "IF YOU DON'T WANT ME TO COME TO YOUR PARTY, THEN DON'T SEND ME AN INVITATION!"

Wow. Chew on that.

Next week, I will share an article written by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (one of my FAVORITE Christian authors) which will include, among other things, a checklist of specific, practical questions for evaluating your wardrobe. I will also be posting a list of resources about modesty.

Other parts of this series:

Part 1
Part 2

No comments: