Monday, May 12, 2008

Money Monday - How To Be A SAHM


Perhaps you're wondering how exactly this ties into Money Monday, but let me remind you - the average woman cannot be a stay-at-home-mom without seriously considering the family finances.

As I have said before, there are MANY ways to cut your budget. (I listed several in my budgeting series a few months ago). My personal favorite way to cut a budget is to start with the grocery budget. For our family of 5, I spend $200/month on groceries and toiletries. I do this mainly by clipping coupons and shopping at CVS.

Today I'd like to propose an idea. Here it is: You CAN be a stay-at-home-mom!

In today's culture, it seems shocking to live on just one income but I assure you - we are living proof that it is indeed possible and that, in fact, it works wonderfully for our family!

I do expect to receive some hate mail for this. Nevertheless, for today's Money Monday, I feel the need to refer you to this post (from my other blog) anyway: You CAN Stay Home!

No comments: