Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Another Photography Story

For those of you who have absolutely no interest in photography whatsoever, I'm terribly sorry. I must be boring you to death with these posts.

However, I want to praise the Lord today that I finally got a site up for my photography business! Well, it's just a Myspace page, but it's better than nothing. It's really all I have time for right now anyway.

And on that note, I have another HUGE praise! Yesterday I was contacted about doing 3 upcoming photo shoots (2 weddings and a dance recital) and today I was contacted about doing one more (newborn)! I don't anticipate my business will be continuing to rapidly increase at this pace forever, but for now I will simply consider it a great jumpstart!

I have yet to get a nice camera and will be borrowing cameras for these upcoming events. I think that will be helpful to me though, since I will be able to get a feel for a few different ones and learn how to operate them - at least somewhat.

I am very excited to see where God is taking me in this new adventure! If you'd like to check out the site (which is still under construction), you may do so by clicking here.

I'm undecided on the name. I originally chose Before and After Photography since my main focus is going to be on doing maternity and newborn photos. I also thought that would tie in with engagement and wedding photos. However, I feel that I might limit myself with that name. Also, someone mentioned to me that they thought it sounded like I did makeovers with before and after pictures.

So I did a little research. I discovered that there is no business in town called Indy Photography. And as I keep typing that and talking about it, that name is starting to grow on me. So I'm now considering that instead.

What do you think? Which do you like better? I've put up a new poll on the top right side of the screen asking which name you prefer. Would you please help me out by voting?

Also, I'm completely in the dark about buying a new camera. It's still several months away, since we won't be buying one until we are out of debt but I'd love to hear what all of you use!

Oh, and by the way, I'm so impressed that so many of my readers clean their toilets every week! Great job, everyone! (And to those of you who said you only clean it when it looks dirty, I'm totally with you!) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Before and After. I think you could make it apply to almost anything...