Friday, August 21, 2009

A Little Lost

My children are gone for the weekend with my father-in-law and his wife, and I'm feeling...well...a little lost.

I have a to-do list that needs accomplished. I'd really enjoy a nap (although I'm not tired). I need to take a shower. I need to eat lunch. And I need to run to the post office.

Yet here I sit.

------------------------

In other news, I had my 36-week appointment this morning. Everything looks good, baby's head is down, and my midwife said I'm measuring a little big (although I'm quite sure of my dates, so nothing was changed). I was able to complete my birth plan this morning and go over it with my midwife at my appointment. She seemed very supportive of everything (except one tiny disagreement, but she didn't push me on it). I may post my birth plan at a later date...in case any of you are interested.

Next Friday marks my "safe date" and I'm praying for September 2nd if baby is ready.

I know it sounds silly to some to pray for a specific date, but as our Sunday School teacher is always saying, we should pray specifics. Of course, God is under no obligation whatsoever to fulfill my desire to birth on September 2nd and His timing is always perfect, but that date would work out very well for our schedule. That's all I'm sayin'. :)

-------------------------

Tomorrow is our big PROJECT DAY. We are pretty much geared up for all the things we'd like to accomplish and we've already decided in advance that our work day will end at 5pm, so we can be sure to get in a (probably final) date before the new baby comes. I'm excited for the changes we are planning to make once our projects are completed. I'll keep you posted....

-------------------------

The weather here in Indy is absolutely GORGEOUS this weekend! Hope it's just as nice where you are!

No comments: