Thursday, August 13, 2009

$74.10 Richer

I seriously thought this day would never come. You know, the day your husband comes home from work to find you in the middle of the closet with EVERY SINGLE ITEM OF CLOTHING you own strewn around you as you desperately try to decide where you should put each exact article. Earlier, you were at the store and purchased more body wash and toothpaste than you'll ever need in a lifetime. Then you came home and made 12 meatloaves and 6 pans of lasagna....just in case you don't feel like cooking for a few weeks. And you know, just in case you can actually stomach that many repeated meals in just 18 days.

Well, I'm happy to tell you that none of those things happened today. But the nesting thing has definitely settled in with me. I'm a slightly uncomfortable 35-week pregnant woman who suddenly needs to get all sorts of unimportant things done in a matter of 2 weeks. Just in case.

Today I happened to notice a large pile of miscellaneous paperwork, doodads, memorabilia, and other random things in the corner of our bedroom. And even though I was going to go downstairs and put up an ad on Craigslist, then clean the kitchen, and then think about dinner....instead, I plopped down on the floor and began to dig through: THE PILE.

I had just gotten started when I found some checkbook ledgers. Empty, of course. Perfect! I'm always needing these! (You know, because I'm always putting them somewhere like...uh...in an unknown pile.) About 10 minutes later, I found some more checkbook ledgers. This time they were accompanied by some actual checks and - GASP! - money!!!

I must have looked like a kid in a candy store. I just know it. Because I grabbed it up as quickly as I could and counted it twice to be sure. Yep! Sure enough! Three 20 dollar bills!

God is so good.

I said a quick "thank you" to the Lord for helping me find this at the perfect time (more on that later) and continued on. I happened upon a black lock box that I was pretty sure we'd never used. But when I opened it up, I discovered that we had, in fact, used it once for a garage sale.

$4.10 never felt so great!

By this point I was feeling fantastic! So fantastic that I actually LEFT the entire pile sitting out - although, now the pile was more like....eh hem....8 piles. But you know....small ones. :)

To top it all off, I was playing a game this morning on the Huggies website and won $10 cash! (If you'd like details on this game, please visit this link.) So all in all, my pockets are $74.10 heavier than they were this morning.

Figuratively speaking, of course.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

wow! God is good. What are you planning on doing with all of the moola? Perhaps a night on the town?