Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Worship - The Kindness of the Lord

God must get a good kick out of me and all the plans I like to make. Most of the time He gently taps me on the shoulder and says, "Excuse me, but...I really need to take over on this one." And so my plans never quite go as...well...as planned.

Several weeks ago (and I do mean several) I posted a Weekend Worship blog with topics that would be "coming soon". Well, let me assure you. They are still coming. I'm just not so sure about that soon part.

Today's events brought it's own idea for my Weekend Worship post and I have therefore (yet again) decided to post about something other than those "coming soon" topics.

This evening my 9-month old daughter managed to burn her fingers by dipping them into a bowl of hot cheese dip. While this was a pretty traumatic moment (obviously for her, but also for us), it was also a moment to allow the Lord to work through us. While we could have reacted with anger and disdain toward the server's obvious lack of experience with children, by the grace of God we acted with patience and forgiveness. The server was exceptionally apologetic and tried to be as helpful as possible. We assured her that we knew it was just an accident, that accidents happen, and that we had no hard feelings toward her. We can only hope that she saw a bit of the Lord's kindness through our actions toward her.

We never know who will cross our path on any given day and we always need to be on the alert to show kindness to those we come in contact with whenever possible.

In case you should want to see our poor baby's little blistered fingers, there is a picture of Reagan's hand on my photography blog.

2 comments:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

That is horrible. I can't believe they blistered like that.

Nancy M. said...

Oh my goodness! That looked much worse than I imagined. I don't know if I could have been as nice as you were. I definitely would need His help!

By the way, your pictures are awesome!