Monday, June 9, 2008

Challenge, Day 2

Although I didn't watch any TV today, I spent a good portion of time (well, about an hour) catching up on last night's movie time. :)

I read Matthew 3-22 this afternoon and had forgotten how much more you get out of the gospels if you read them straight through! Something that struck me today was how childish the disciples were. They were constantly doing things like asking Jesus who would be the greatest, asking who would sit near him in heaven, trying to act like they knew what was the most important. Jesus always calmly responded with gentleness and corrected their foolish behavior.

And then I got to thinking...how childish am I sometimes? I think I know what's important in life, but so many times I'm just way off base. I want recognition for things that I do when all the recognition should really go to the Lord. It is truly by the grace of God that I am what I am today. So why should I boast?

1 comment:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Well, I didn't do as well Monday as I did Tuesday. I really only watched about an hour of TV last night (while folding laundry). Today I read I Cor. 1 - 6 and the verse that stood out to me there was I Cor. 6:12 "Everything is permissible for me" - but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me" - but I will not be mastered by anything."