Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tasty Tuesday - Homemade Tortillas!

Sorry about my failure to post yesterday. I've been enthralled with my brand new camera and completely spaced posting anything. Well, that's not entirely true. At one point during the day, I did consider posting the menu for this week but...well...that apparently got pushed to the wayside because here we are, nearing the end of Tuesday and my menu never got posted.

Anyway, on to today...

Last week I enjoyed a visit from my sister-in-law and two nephews. I love that my sister-in-law is on maternity leave right now because she lives up the road from us and is a great source of entertainment without having to drive across town! :) While she was here, I decided to make tortillas. I had seen a tortilla recipe on Gretchen's blog and thought I'd give it a try. While mine didn't turn out quite as thin as they were supposed to, I think I actually preferred them that way. And my kids loved them too! We ate ours "chicken taco" style and they were DEEE-LISH!

(I actually used part whole wheat flour in mine to beef them up and make them a bit healthier.)

Here they are! Ole'!

2 comments:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Your's are definitely more rounder than mine! They look yummy though.

Anonymous said...

Tried the low-fat recipe yesterday after reading your post. Rolling them out thin enough was more of a challenge than I expected (I think I need a better rolling pin!), but they were really tasty. It was a fun kitchen project for my 3 year old to help make. Thanks for the idea!