Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tasty Tuesday - Homemade No-Bake Cheesecake

cheesecake2

Some people ONLY like baked cheesecake. Some ONLY like what I prefer to call cream cheese pie - which is technically unbaked cheesecake. I happen to be a fan of both. But there is one particular restaurant who has a cheesecake that I just absolutely LOVE. Fortunately for my figure, the restaurant is located where my parents live and not here in Indy. Nevertheless, I've been wondering for years what sort of recipe they use for their cheesecake.

While browsing cheesecake recipes the other day (why yes, that is my idea of fun), I discovered this one.

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is almost identical to the restaurant cheesecake that I love so dearly except for one tiny discrepancy. I think this one is actually a little bit better. Yes, better!

It's easy, it's delicious, and it's oh so fattening! So give it a try. I bet you'll love it! (Even my husband who doesn't care much for unbaked cheesecake thought this stuff was amazing.)

10-lb Cheesecake


  • 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
  1. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. Press into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  2. Use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract until well blended and smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Pour filling into crust and smooth the top.
  3. Refrigerate until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
Once this baby is firm (or before that, if you prefer), top it with fruit if you'd like. Personally, I like it just the way it is, but I may try some raspberry mixture and whipped cream next time. (They have this variation at the restaurant I spoke of earlier and it is DEEE-LISH!)

Man, now I really wish I had some cream cheese in the house....

cheesecake1

2 comments:

The Kelly's said...

That looks so yummy! I'll have to give it a try. My hubby is a huge cheesecake fan!

Mary said...

This sounds really good. I just saw an idea for cheesecake stuffed strawberries but I didn't like their cream cheese mix. I think I'll try this one. Gotta scale it back though.