Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's Gonna Be Big

Next to me sits a bag. In that bag is a package of toddler-sized white t-shirts, two toddler-sized white skirts, a toddler-sized pair of black shorts, and 5 sheets of felt. What's going to happen next is going to require a scissors, some safety pins, and way too much creativity for 10 o'clock at night on a Thursday.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I am about to create for my children three very (sarcasm implied) snazzy cow costumes for the big day.

As I briefly mentioned in yesterday's post....tomorrow (Friday, July 10th) is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A. And if you've never been to Chick-fil-A on Cow Appreciation Day before...well, you've just never lived. It's like you've walked into a movie where cows are the only actors. Even the friendly Chick-fil-A employees moo at you and somehow turn their hands into hooves.

Ok, I made up those last two sentences, but here's the deal:

If you dress like a cow from head to toe, you'll get a free meal tomorrow. If you wear a cow accessory (bet you didn't even know cows wore accessories, did ya?), you'll get a free entree.

It's that simple!

Personally, I plan to dig out our adult-sized cow costume and wear that, of course, having in tow my three small calves wearing their very snazzy homemade cow costumes. And we will partake in C.A.D. together as a little cow family (minus daddy cow). It'll be grand.

Oh, except for the part where my 3 and 4-year olds scream at the top of their lungs when they see the giant scary Chick-fil-A cow walking through the restaurant. And especially if he tries to stop at our table or any table with a 10-foot radius of ours.

But I'm just going to pretend that isn't going to happen.

Even though...it totally will.

3 comments:

Katy said...

and to think I passed up a child's cow costume at a garage sale - I had no idea how handy it could be!

Amy's Anecdotes said...

I used to have a cow costume, but its either in storage or sold at a garage sale. Have fun and take pictures.

Sarah said...

Will it work to put on white t-shirts and tape black construction paper circles to our shirts? I don't think I have the time, strenght, or sheer will to be so crafty.