Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Don't Want To Go Inside!

Yesterday was totally exhausting. I have no idea what was going on with my body, but I was completely wiped. Even the thought of getting off the couch to sweep the (desperately-in-need-of-being-swept) kitchen floor made me dizzy. So I didn't. I didn't do anything. And I'm not even joking. You should have seen the house when I got up this morning.

Well okay...no. Maybe it's best that you didn't.

But when I woke up this morning, I was so happy to feel normal again. Whatever 30-weeks-pregnant-with-my-4th-child normal is....that's how I felt. After extensively cleaning the kitchen, I decided it would be fun to make a Chick-fil-A run. I had to go to the bank anyway and I knew Chick-fil-A was giving away free peach milkshake samples so I figured the kids would enjoy those. And playing on the playground there.

But as soon as we arrived I knew it wasn't going to work out.

THE COW WAS THERE.



My two oldest children are terrified of the cow. I mean....really terrified. Keaton is starting to finally get over this (I think) but Sienna was adamant.

"I'm not going inside if the cow is here!"

And I knew she wasn't.

Besides the fact that she was scared out of her mind, I wasn't exactly interested in carrying in two toddlers while they screamed, "I don't like the cow!!!" so I just opted for the drive-thru. It was cheaper that way anyway since I just got myself a meal and then fed the kids at home, but I was kind of looking forward to sitting down, letting them play for a little while, and getting free refills.

Oh well.

Friday is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A and I really want to take the kids, all of us dressed like a cow, to get free meals. BUT....I absolutely know without a doubt that the cow will be there. So now I'm trying to decide what to do.

Anyone have suggestions for how to undo this unnatural fear of the Chick-fil-A cow? In like, two days?

1 comment:

Miney said...

Hee hee... oh, that amused me. :) I wish I had suggestions for you, but I don't know how to help little ones overcome a fear of cows!