Thursday, February 14, 2008

Throwback Thursday - Not About Valentine's Day

That's right. It would be suitable for me to blog about the origins of Valentine's Day or something to that effect today, but I'm not going to do that. Today is a Praise the Lord day! So let's "throw back" to Monday's blog....

I had written about how I thought I had gotten my wallet stolen at Meijer. Well, let me give you today's story as an update:

This morning the kids were picking up their toys. I asked my son to get a toy that I could see what halfway under the bedskirt. He picked it up and then apparently began digging under the bed. I was typing at the computer and he walked up with - you guessed it - my wallet! I was SO ecstatic! I gave him a huge hug as he explained to me that he found it under the bed. Of course, he had no idea why it was such a big deal but at least he was gracious enough to hug me in return.

I have no idea how my wallet got under the bed (although I have some suspicions - two little walking suspicions to be exact). :) But it doesn't matter how it got there. It is now found. And I could not be happier!

My apologies to the lady standing behind me in line at Meijer.

I thankfully did not file a police report yet nor did I get a new driver's license yet. I did cancel my debit card, order a new one, put a fraud alert on my credit, and frustrate myself for no reason. But all in all, I am definitely happy that it was found! (And that it was found with my $80 inside!) In fact, I almost felt the need to look inside and see what was there since I had it engrained in my head that someone had stolen it.

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns for me. God is good!

No comments: