Thursday, February 7, 2008

Throwback Thursday - My Dad & The Beatles

On This Day In History: (1964) The British rock group the Beatles arrives at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City to begin their first United States tour.

When I was a kid, I used to rollerskate at a particular roller rink in my hometown. I had seen pictures of my parents when they were engaged. My mom had long brown hair and my dad HAD hair. Classic Beatles style.

There were rotating pictures on the wall at this roller rink. There was a particular picture of a group of guys that I would see on a regular basis and I couldn't help but think that that one guy looked JUST like my dad. Since my dad had grown up nearby, I assumed he had probably skated there as a child also. And would it be that strange to take pictures of people who were skating?

For years, I thought that picture was of my dad and some of his friends. But looking back, I'm pretty sure it was just a picture of the Beatles.

No comments: