Friday, February 22, 2008

Fitness Friday - A New Goal

Alright, I'll be honest. In the midst of the ridiculously cold weather we've been having here in Indiana lately, I've completely given up on walking 3 times a week. HOWEVER, I have found something new that I really enjoy - exercising with a yoga ball!

I bought a ball several months ago when they were on sale. (You know me - never pay full price for anything. Haha). Anyway, I found it really fun to roll around on but never really used it in a practical sense. Well, last week I got a video from the library and I have been using it every day this week and, I have to say, it's been pretty fun!

I don't think I have the whole exercising thing down quite yet though. On Monday, I did the video in the afternoon a few hours after eating lunch. That worked out. On Tuesday, I exercised downstairs and then proceeded to the kitchen immediately after the video ended and ate 4 cookies. On Wednesday, I ate a serving of M&Ms before beginning. And Thursday was just another Monday. So I got it right about half the time. :) Better than nothing, I think.

How are you doing? Have you been walking? Have you found any other ways to stay in shape during this bitter cold time of the year?

I am hoping to find some more exercise videos at the library as they seem to provide me some sort of entertainment along with my exercise regimen. For some reason, exercising is just boring to me sometimes. Anyone else feel this way?

No comments: