Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tasty Tuesdays - Blue Ribbon Dessert!

Well, first off, I have to apologize in advance for the formatting of this blog. Apparently inserting the picture screwed everything up, so just pretend it looks as beautiful as normal! :)

Every year our church has a picnic with a contest for the best dessert. I had not pariticipated in the past but this year I decided I wanted to bring something that was knock-your-socks-off good. I searched online for the most delicious-looking dessert I could find. I found one that was very aesthetically pleasing but I didn't care much for the ingredients. So I switched a few things up and came up with one of the easiest, most beautiful and DELICIOUS desserts I have ever made!

I call it...Heidi's Blue Ribbon Pudding Thing! Lol. Alright, not really. But I never did come up with a name for it, so call it whatever you like. For today, I will refer to it as Oreo Deliciousness. :)


Oreo Deliciousness


(This is not an exact picture of the one I make, but very similar).




Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix
1 large package instant chocolate fudge pudding
1 large container whipped topping, thawed
25 Oreo cookies

Directions:

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1-inch squares.

Crush 20 Oreo cookies. Save remaining 5 cookies for top.

Place half of the brownie chunks into the bottom of a trifle bowl or glass serving dish. Prepare pudding* according to package and pour half of the pudding over the the brownie chunks. Add half of the Oreo cookie crumbs. On top of that, layer half of the whipped topping. Repeat brownie chunks, pudding, Oreo cookie crumbs, and whipped topping. Arrange the remaining 5 Oreo cookies on top.

Cool at least 8 hours to allow pudding to soften brownie chunks.

*Be sure to have everything ready before you start your pudding because it will begin to set immediately and you want it to flow into all the spaces between the brownie chunks.
Please let me know if you try this! I would love to know if other people enjoy it as much as my family does!
Oh, and by the way, I did win the best dessert contest! Hands down! :)

No comments: