Friday, February 8, 2008

Fitness Friday

How are you doing with your walking challenge that I gave last week? Since I issued the challenge late Friday night, I considered the challenge effective at the beginning of this week.

Monday night, it was warm here in Indiana - about 50 degrees. (The weather here is so bizarre). My family took a 20-minute walk with me around the neighborhood. It was nice to be out in the fresh air.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are pretty chaotic around here, so yesterday I remembered that I needed to get out and go walking. Since I had playgroup in the morning and my kids nap in the afternoon, I was considering taking a walk in the early evening. I ended up having to unexpectedly take my youngest child to the doctor's office, so I didn't get home until close to 6pm. By that time, I had pretty much given up on the thought of a walk. I was meeting a friend at T.G.I. Friday's for dinner, so I parked as far away as possible (well, ok - not as possible - and also, I didn't really have a choice, but ANYWAY....) and walked the 2 or 3 minutes to the door.

I realize that may not sound like much, but keep in mind that I also had to walk back to the van after dinner. Lol.

Alright, so I'm failing miserably. But let's face it - when life is crazy and you have 2 toddlers and an infant, finding time to do much of anything is nearly an impossibility.

But the day is young. And perhaps I'll get in 2 more real walks between today and tomorrow.

No comments: