Monday, March 17, 2008

Money Mondays - Groceries For The Week (March 16th-22nd)

This week's grocery list was a little different for us because we will be going out of town to visit my parents for Easter, so I only had to plan a few meals and then get some snacks for the trip. Kroger is running a GREAT special right now, which is how I stocked up on all the cereal, cereal bars, and fruit snacks!

I took an aerial shot this week because I wanted to do justice to the number of cereal boxes in the back! Lol. So here is what I picked up:


We don't typically buy soda, but we do like to keep it around when we are taking long trips. (It helps keep us awake!) :) The 1/2 gallons of milk were on sale again for $1 each and I found several loaves of bread on manager's special for 50 cents/loaf. I also grabbed a bag of sugar snap peas (on manager's special) for $1.49.
.
Other things you see pictured: 2 bags croutons, 2 toothbrushes, american and mozz cheese, 2 cts of canola oil, applesauce, margerin, cream of chicken soup, chicken base (MUCH cheaper than bouillon!), 2 boxes of pasta, 3 boxes of granola bars, 4 boxes of cereal, and 2 boxes of fruit snacks.
.
Total before coupons and specials: approx $66
Total after coupons and specials: $39
.
I haven't figured out yet what I'm going to send with my hubby for breakfasts this week, but there's a good chance it might be cereal. :) We also have a few pop tarts in the pantry and some frozen pancakes and waffles that he could take. Today he took leftovers for lunch and will probably take a sandwich or leftovers tomorrow and Wednesday.
.
Meals for this week:
.
Breakfast
Monday - cold cereal, peaches
Tuesday - oatmeal w/ raisens
Wednesday - pancakes w/ peaches
.
Lunch
Monday - ravioli
Tuesday - hot dogs, rice, apple
Wednesday - peanut butter sandwiches, peas
.
Dinner
Monday - stir fry (rice w/ sugar snap peas and carrots)
Tuesday- homemade pizza
Wednesday - rice tacos (This is an experiment - if you see it on a menu plan in the future, it was a hit....or at least tolerable). :)
.
Obviously, we're leaving on Thursday. We are not planning on coming back until Tuesday, so I have not thought through our grocery shopping or meals for next week yet. Of course, the sales circulars aren't out yet anyway, so how could I plan?
.
If you have not yet voted in the grocery poll on the top left side of the screen, you only have a few hours left! Please cast your vote and then come back here and leave me a comment telling me how many people you feed on your grocery budget. So far, the votes appear to be very even. It will be interesting to see how the poll ends.
.
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Did you find any great deals worth mentioning?

No comments: