Monday, August 18, 2008

Update Time

I'm all thrown off since I'm out of town right now so I didn't prepare a Weekend Worship post for today, but I just wanted to give you all an update on my grandfather.

Today he slept almost the entire day. When I arrived around 7.30pm with my 3 rambunctious kiddos he woke up, smiled at that, talked to them (although his words are pretty difficult to understand most of the time), and was able to eat from a spoon. Well, I should say he was able to eat off a spoon. He can't feed himself, but he was able to accept soft foods on a spoon.

While the actual eating is a huge step forward, the all-day sleeping is not always viewed as an excellent thing. He's on a lot of morphine right now so that's probably the cause of it, but who knows.

The doctor (or nurses?) are scheduled to do an evaluation on him tomorrow. They will be determining if he will go to a nursing home, if I understand correctly. So keeping our family in your prayers would be greatly appreciated.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and if you don't hear from me as often as usual, thanks in advance for being patient.

No comments: