Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tasty Tuesday - Using Leftovers

There seem to be an excessive amount of leftovers at this time of the year and I'm always curious how other people use all that extra food. Considering our most recent holiday was Thanksgiving, we had LOTS of turkey leftover. Besides just eating it for 5 days straight with mashed potatoes and gravy, I also made some turkey soup and threw in what vegetables I had in the house. (Conveniently I actually had carrots, celery, and onion, but that's so rare it normally would have been canned veggies or other leftovers from the fridge.) I had considered making a turkey pot pie but never got around to it.

What dishes have you found to be a great use for your leftovers? Not just turkey - anything! Do you make casserole dishes? Stews? Breakfast items? I tend to do a lot of soups because they're just so easy, but I would love to hear what all of you do!

No comments: