Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday!

This month our oldest child turns 4. And no, I can't believe it. We want to do something special for his birthday, and since he's been sharing a room with his two sisters up until now we plan to give him his own room for his birthday. This may not sound like a big deal to many of you, but if you've ever actually BEEN in our home, you'll know that all of our walls are white and there is absolutely NOTHING hung anywhere. So this is like a whole room rehab. Think....Extreme Room Makeover.

Part of our plan to is build our son a bed. Originally, we planned to do bunk beds but then decided that a bed with shelves and drawers would be equally helpful so we've opted for that. However.....we have no idea how to do this. My husband is handy and we have the internet at our side, so I'm sure we'll manage, but I'm still a little apprehensive to see how things will turn out.

I'll keep you all posted as the month progresses! Our goal is to be done by the 29th - and we haven't even started! :)

Anything in particular you're tackling this week?

2 comments:

Amy said...

If Daniel wants to bounce any ideas off of Robby, he's welcome to...also, if you need ANY tools, we have a garage full that have not been used to their full potential, so please, USE THEM if you need them (it will help justify our getting them when we got married lol).

Meghann said...

My thing to tackle this week isn't a tangible thing, but I'm trying really hard to either eat at home or bring my lunch all week. :)