Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wacky Wednesday - Does anyone else know this song?!

For some reason, this song popped into my head yesterday on the way home from church and I've been trying to think of all the words. I sang this song....ohhhh....I don't know, way back. Elementary school, probably. Anyway, today I decided to do an online search for it and came across this blog. Thankfully, when I put her bits and pieces together with my bits and pieces, I think I came up with all of them! Does anyone else know this song??

I think this is the whole song, but I have no idea what it's called. Maybe "The Fruits of the Spirit"?
______________________________________________________

Orange you glad you love Jesus?
Orange you glad He loves you?
He's a peach-a-king Savior.
I'll never be blueberry blue.

His power makes me bananas.
He's the apple of my eye.
It's a-pear-antly clear in His Word
He's raisin us when we die.

He saved me out of the pits of hell.
I'm plum happy to be
The child of a grape big God.
I've got His fruits on my tree.

(Spoken) I've got the fruits of the Spirit, c'mon let's hear it!

I've got love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance
L
ove, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance
M
eekness, and temperance
M
eekness, and temperance.
___________________________________________________

Does anyone know where I could find an audio version of this? I'd LOVE to put it up somewhere!

9 comments:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

I've heard
He's a Peach of a Saviour
He's the Apple of my eye, but I don't think I have heard of this one.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of it, but sounds like a good one. It sounds like it would be one that the kids would like!

Amy's Anecdotes said...

I have heard the chorus but never the verses...we should get this and play it at church! Im going to try and hunt it down:)

Amy

Marcie Stewart said...

I'm looking for the audio of this EXACT song too!! i'm teaching a lesson next week on the fruit of the spirit and would love to play it for my class!!

Onelilduck said...

He's a peachy-keen Savior

Unknown said...

Yes

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! I was doing an online audio search of this song to prepare for my Sunday school lesson and came across this post! I loved this song as a kid! Did you ever find an audio version online?

Anonymous said...

Back in 2003, I attended a Catholic school, and I remember how we sang this song. I can’t find any audio recordings of it anywhere. I still have the memory of my kindergarten teacher and class singing this all together… to me, that’s the “original version”. Perhaps I will re-create it as this is an important song to me, and has stuck with me all these years 20 years later I still sing this song. If you taught preschoolers and kindergarteners at VCS in the early 2000’s thank you, and I love you.

Anonymous said...

Yes!