Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tasty Tuesday . . . Homemade breakfast sandwiches

Everyone's version of "homemade" is different. My version of "Make it yourself" breakfast sandwiches includes homemade English muffins from the bread machine. Here is how I do it:

I make the English muffins and freeze them, but you wouldn't have to do that, I just usually make them ahead of time.

I cook a package of turkey bacon in the oven at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes. I let them cool.

I mix up a dozen eggs and bake them in a casserole dish at 350 for 20-25 minutes. I let them cool and cut them into squares. I got that idea from this blog.

Now you start layering.

Get out your English muffins (you can use store bought if you must - ha).

So now I use one strip of bacon, cut in half. I put that on the English muffin.

Then I take an egg square (that just sounds weird doesn't it?) and top that with a piece of cheese.

I wrap these individually with wax paper and put them on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once frozen I take the individual sandwiches and put them in a gallon ziplock bag.

When you are ready to eat, just microwave for 20 seconds or so. I have to say that I have found that the egg sometimes doesn't get as thawed as everything else so I will take the egg off and microwave it beside the sandwich in the microwave and then put it back on when I am done.

So, now stop going to the drive thru and save your money. These sandwiches are yummy and you know all of the ingredients in them!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: