Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tasty Tuesday - Pumpkin Muffins

It's fall outside and pumpkin muffins are the perfect addition to any table at this time of year!

This recipe came out of my Bible study book "No Other Gods" by Kelly Minter and it is yum YUM. The only thing I changed in this recipe is the amount of sugar. (They suggested 2 cups, but that seemed like an awful lot to me, so I cut it in half and they were delicious!)

These are SUUUUUPER easy and seriously dee-lish! And my favorite thing about them is that they are made from ingredients that I keep around the house, so I don't have to make a special trip to the store just to make them. (Well okay, and I kind of like that they're somewhat healthy too!)
______________________________________________________________

Pumpkin Muffins

1 c. sugar
1 c. oil (I'm going to substitute half with applesauce next time to make them even healthier!)
4 eggs
2 c. pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. ground cloves
1/8 t. nutmeg
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla

Mix ingredients together in a large bowl. Put into greased muffin tins and bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 24 muffins.
_______________________________________________________________


I actually made these in mini muffin tins. I think I baked them for about 12-15 minutes, but don't quote me on that. :)

1 comment:

Extraordinary Ordinary Life said...

Yes they were delicious and I think I am going to make something similar today. Oh how I love fall.