Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tasty Tuesday . . . Chicken Alfredo Pizza

Here is my version of Chicken Alfredo Pizza. Once again, I am so bad about measuring things so here is my best guestimate.

For the crust I used this recipe. I will copy it here for you. If you don't have a bread machine you can buy one at the Goodwill (like I did for $7.00 or buy another one at a garage sale for $4.00 - it was my brother's garage sale). If you do NOT want to use a bread machine then use the this recipe.

Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough

1 1/3 cups water
2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp cornmeal
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine, according to manufacturer’s settings, and run dough setting. After the machine beeps, roll out the dough. You can roll the dough into two 9×13″ pizzas (great for kid’s lunches!) or into two medium pizzas or a large pizza and an order of breadsticks (as instructed above). Parbake the crust with a drizzle of olive oil on it at 450 degrees for ten minutes. Remove the crust and add sauce and toppings. If making breadsticks, add your breadsticks at this time. Place into the oven for another ten to fifteen minutes or until golden and bubbly. Enjoy!

The Alfredo sauce is the same one I always make. It is a family favorite. My husband has acid reflux so I cannot do a lot of things with red sauce. This is why we make Alfredo. You can find it here, but I will re-post if for you below:

This is a homemade Alfredo sauce that is easy and delicious. I make it a lot. It's almost as easy as opening a can of store-bought Alfredo sauce. It says not to use Parmesan from a can, but I do. I also use whatever milk I have on hand 1%, skim or 2%. I have used real garlic and garlic salt and it turns out well with both.

3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (not from a can)
1/2 cup of milk
1 stick of real butter
1 8-oz. package of cream cheese
garlic salt to taste

Combine all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until smooth. I like to melt the butter first then add the cream cheese and milk right after that. It may seem a little clumpy at first, but just use your whisk to stir and it will get smooth. You can also start by sauteing actual garlic in the butter, but I don't always have garlic on hand so I often use garlic salt.

I bake the crust in the oven for about 5 minutes, then I pour the sauce over the crust. I add about 1 to 2 cups of cooked, diced chicken. Then I sprinkle about a cup to 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes or until cheese and crust are slightly browned.

You may think this sounds like a lot of work - it is not. The sauce and chicken only takes minutes to cook (less than 10) and the crust is being done in a bread machine.

Heidi's note: This pizza is AWESOME!!!!

No comments: