Friday, September 4, 2009

What's The Deal?

Surely you've noticed the lack of any sort of real blogging this week. No, I haven't had the baby. But let me catch you up on our life....

Monday you heard from me. I thought I might have been in labor when I had contractions 2-3 minutes apart for about an hour. But after that hour turned into 2 hours and then 3 and 4 with no sign of increasing strength or intensity in sight....I gave up timing and went to bed.


Tuesday. I don't remember Tuesday at all. But I'm pretty sure it happened, because I remember Wednesday.

Wednesday we dropped off some peanut butter bars at a friends' house and went to visit Gretchen. Our kids ran around screaming and playing and we talked about water breaking, my birth plan, and how peach crisp is WAY better with ice cream. I left my water bottle at her house and nearly died.

I'm a little attached to my water bottle.

Eh hem.

After dinner our family took a walk. We pulled the girls in the wagon while Keaton rode his bike. Everyone had a meltdown about 3/4 of the way through. It was pretty exciting.

Thursday morning the kids and I went to playgroup. The weather this week has been perfect, but that has nothing to do with playgroup. We enjoyed snacking and I enjoyed eating food that somebody else made. The kids and I found a petrified, flattened frog outside our van door. Sienna lost one of Reagan's shoes, but Nicole found it. (Thanks, Nicole, even though you don't read my blog.) Gretchen returned my water bottle to me (and my son's shoes). I love Gretchen.

In the evening, we took another walk after dinner. Keaton and Sienna both rode bikes and I pushed Reagan in the stroller. There were no breakdowns to speak of, thankfully. We saw two cats who appeared to be ready to fight and one dog without a leash, but the kids remained relatively calm.

Today is Friday. I had an appointment with my midwife this morning. She informed me that I'm barely dilated (which was actually good news, since it means I don't have to be so worried about rushing to the hospital if I ever actually go into labor). I picked up my kids, we visited my husband for lunch, and came home to have a rather eventful naptime. I got a phone call from my old youth pastor and we chatted for about half an hour. I routinely call and harass them via telephone messages but rarely hear back, so it was nice to catch up.

While catching up, I completely spaced dinner and am now rushing that so we can finish up before we leave for game night.


In between all those times, I've been trying to think about things other than going into labor. I'm not very good at that, but I'm trying.

Hope you all have a great Labor Day Weekend! I'm hoping it will truly be a laboring weekend for me! :)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Ha, I love the last line!