To be totally honest, I did absolutely nothing around the house for most of those 7 weeks. I basically just sat on the couch, pushed movies into the VCR for my kids, and got up to feed them (and me!) when it became absolutely necessary. I think I did a total of maybe 4 loads of laundry in that time period and cooked one dinner. So I was excited to feel a little bit better this week. Here is a list of things I have managed to do in the past few days:
- rearrange my son's bedroom
- go grocery shopping (with my hubby)
- take my kids to the St. Patrick's Day parade
- MAKE DINNER!
- drive to pick up dinner :)
- completely clean out and vacuum the van
- go to my doctor's appointment
- take my kids on a picnic at the park
- go to Bible study (although we left early for the parade!)
- help my husband clean the kitchen
- sort through papers (mainly junk mail)
- take a shower IN THE MORNING
- go on a date w/ my hubby
- play outside with my kids
The second thing I'm SUPER thankful for is that tomorrow at noon I am leaving for a WOMEN'S RETREAT!!!!!! I am so in need of this right now, especially since my husband has been working a lot of overtime lately, so it's been some really long days with the kids for the past few weeks. I've been counting down the days for what seems like forever and I am SO excited that tomorrow is the day! (If you don't have children, that won't make a lick of sense to you.) Yes, I love my kids! But I also love a BREAK from my kids! :) I'm looking forward to swimming, hiking, and relaxing this weekend.
It's been a pretty great week for me. What are you thankful for this week?