Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday

We live in Indiana, which just so happens to be right in the middle of the midwest. And if you haven't heard, the midwest is experiencing some pretty cold temps right now. (I.e. Today's high is 2 degrees.) Now personally, I think we have nothing to complain about. Right now in Wisconsin (where my parents live), it's 21 degrees BELOW ZERO. 38 below if you count the windchill.

Do I like freezing cold temps like this? Ehhh, not particularly. But I figure if there's going to be snow on the ground, it might as well be cold. And if it's going to be cold, there might as well be snow on the ground. And at least we have both right now.

This week I am exceptionally thankful for our warm house. I know there are people living on the streets downtown, across the country, and especially internationally who do not have a place to warm up. There are people who do not get to have a hot cup of coffee in the morning to warm their insides or a space heater to warm their sock-dubbed feet.

I hope I raise my children to understand that we are SO blessed here in America and that we should never take these things for granted.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

It was -28 last night here in Iowa- and this morning it is still 20 degrees BELOW zero! Cold and snowy- I'd be thankful to live in Indiana too! :) But for me, I'm thankful that we can stay inside and that our furnace is running well!

Anonymous said...

This makes me thankful I no longer live in MI.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that I have a running furnace again (out Sun. to Tues.). Heat is sooo NICE!

Anonymous said...

i meant Sat to Tues...NO working Furnace....NO heat :(