Friday, January 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday (A Day Late)

I woke up this morning the same way I wake most every morning. A faint little "Mommy" whisper crooned me out of my sleep. It was 6.38, too early for little feet to be heard in this house. "Go back to bed," I whispered back.

As I lay in bed, I thought of all the things I needed to get done. Yesterday. I figured I might as well get up and out of bed since there was no getting back to sleep for me today.

I drug myself to my laptop and finished up a draft email to a client. When I finished, I noticed a short email from my husband: "I have some exciting news. Call me when you get this."

Well, it was pretty easy to rule out pregnancy or marriage. So my interest was peaked. I called him. When he got on the line, he informed me that his Sunday night shift at FedEx was being done away with and that he would no longer be gone all night each Sunday. If there hadn't been a small child on my lap by this time, I could have leaped for joy. My husband has been working the Sunday night shift for YEARS and it has made Sundays my absolute LEAST favorite day of the week. But now - ah yes, the sweet phrase "but now" - perhaps we will be able to enjoy normal Sunday afternoon and evening activities.

I probably sounded like I was completely uninterested in what he had to say because, hey, I just got up! But Honey, if you're reading this (which you're most definitely not), I am excited. Very excited. And very thankful to the Lord for allowing our family to once again function normally on Sundays.

No comments: